When It's Time for Eyelid Surgery
When is it time for Eyelid Surgery?
As more people learn the important fact that upper Eyelid Surgery is oftened covered by their insurance, there is another question that is often coming up.
Am I a good candidate?
Is it time yet, to consider eyelid surgery?
The best way to know for sure is to come on in for a consultation. My staff will also help determine insurance coverage.
But that said, there are some easy ways to determine whether or not you should come in and create a plan just for your individual needs.
First, be assured that drooping eyelids are extremely common. So if you are even asking the question, then chances are you should come in for a consultation and let us help you improve your quality of life.
Here are some good rules of thumb if you do need extra reassurance that it is time for an exam:
- Do your eyelids droop, and cause you to look tired?
- Do you notice a change in your vision, or ability to see, particularly your peripheral vision? Sometimes you may lose it gradually.
- Do your eyelids touch your eyelashes?
- Do you ever feel as though you have to hold up your eyelid in order to see better, or feel more comfortable?
- Do you no longer wear the makeup you used to?
- And lastly, do you no longer see your original eyelid contour, because your eyelid skin is drooping?
I am committed to helping to improve our community's quality of life by educating and empowering about the accessibility of this surgery that is often covered by insurance and which dramatically improves quality of life.
I look forward to seeing you soon, and learning how we can help you. You can schedule a consultation directly from this email, just click here.
- Emilio M. Justo, M.D., Founder and Medical Director