Look Younger and More Vibrant
Do you ever wish there was a quick, easy way to erase years from your appearance? Lines and wrinkles are an inevitable consequence of the aging process. However, you don't have to simply live with these tell-tale signs of age. There are a number of injectable wrinkle treatments on the market today, including Xeomin®, recently introduced at the Phoenix, Arizona cosmetic surgery center. Xeomin® works similarly to the ever-popular BOTOX® Cosmetic in that it smoothes out deep lines on the forehead and between the eyebrows by inhibiting muscle movement. However, the FDA-approved substance contains no additives, and may be better suited for many individuals. Results are long lasting, giving patients that beautiful, healthy, radiant glow they desire for up to six months. If you are interested in looking as young as you feel, contact Arizona Eye Institute & Cosmetic Laser Center in Phoenix to learn more about Xeomin®.
Xeomin® Injectable Procedure
Before beginning any treatment at our office, our Certified Aesthetic Laser Nurse, Roxanne Dorty, R.N., will conduct a one-on-one consultation to discuss your objectives, inquire about your medical history, and examine your condition. She will then recommend the best course of action for meeting your needs. The Xeomin® procedure is carried out as follows:
- Roxanne will have you flex your facial muscles so he can easily identify problem areas.
- A topical anesthetic may be applied to the treatment area for optimal comfort.
- Using a tiny needle, a series of injections are placed directly into wrinkles.
- Once injected, the substance blocks signals that cause the muscles to contract, thus softening wrinkles.
- You may notice a change in appearance in a few days with results that continue to improve over time.
Candidates for Xeomin®
The best way to learn whether Xeomin® is right for you is to meet with Roxanne for a FREE consultation. Candidates include individuals who:
- Have forehead wrinkles, vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows (glabella), and/or crow's feet caused by constant muscle movement or age
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Are over the age of 18
- Want to achieve a more pleasant and youthful appearance
- Are not allergic to botulinum
- Are well-informed about the procedure, including risks
Make sure to tell Roxanne about any medications you are currently taking. Additionally, you should wait at least four months in between treatments.
Benefits of Xeomin®
- Proven safe and effective - FDA approved
- Boost self confidence
- Long-lasting results - up to six months
- Instant results that improve over time
- Quick procedure - approximately 15 to 30 minutes
- Little to no discomfort during treatment
- No downtime or recovery time
- Pure-form injectable
- Treats mild to severe wrinkles
- Appear more pleasant and approachable
- Look youthful and refreshed
Risks or Side Effects of Xeomin®
As with all cosmetic treatments, it is important that you weigh the risks associated with Xeomin® when considering whether it is right for you. Roxanne is careful to review each patient's medical history, in order to avoid allergic reaction. Potential complications are extremely rare. Roxanne will discuss risks and what to expect after treatment with you during your first visit.
Patients typically experience some minor swelling or bruising at the injection site; however, symptoms subside after just a few days. Any pain or discomfort can be alleviated with over-the-counter pain medication.
Learn More about Xeomin®
There are many options available for maintaining that bright, smooth facial skin of your youth. Xeomin® is an excellent method of smoothing wrinkles that cause a person to look old, or constantly worried or upset. To learn more about Xeomin®, contact our Phoenix practice today, serving Sun City West, Sun City, and Wickenburg.