Enhanced Vision and Minimal Downtime
Cataracts affect more than half of Americans over the age of 80. Although glasses and contacts can help you retain your vision as the condition worsens, cataract surgery may be recommended when it reaches a point where eye drops and corrective eye wear no longer help.
Dr. Emilio Justo, founder of Arizona Eye Institute & Cosmetic Laser Center, uses advanced technologies and individualized treatment to provide optimal cataract surgery results to our patients in Phoenix, Sun City, Sun City West, Wickenburg, and surrounding communities. Reach out to us today to learn more about what cataract surgery can do for you.
What Results Can I Expect?
Dr. Justo prefers fast focus cataract surgery, involving no needles, stitches, or patches. Typically, our patients' post-surgical results include:
- A decreased dependency on corrective eye wear like glasses and contacts
- Clear, crisp vision
- Brighter, more vibrant colors
- Cessation of halos surrounding bright lights
As a patient, you can also take steps to make the most of your cataract surgery results. We focus largely on education, informing patients of their treatment options throughout every stage of care. Before surgery, you will learn ways to enhance healing using simple methods at home. We also conduct a thorough evaluation to aid in your decisions regarding surgical options.
Our practice takes every possible measure to ensure the best possible results are achieved after surgery. Your unique medical concerns and goals will be carefully weighed by analyzing:
- Pre-existing medical conditions: A high-resolution scan of the macula is taken using ocular coherence tomography. This step allows Dr. Justo to check for other conditions that might cause complications, or compromise vision following treatment.
- The surface of the cornea: Computerized corneal topography is used to map the surface and curvature of the cornea; if you have astigmatism, Dr. Justo may recommend a multi-focal implant.
- The length of the eye: The IOL Master system measures the length of the eye to an exacting degree. This information is used to select the appropriate power of IOL.
Our team will work closely with you to discuss the benefits each type of implant offers, and match one with your lifestyle and medical goals.
Precise, Accurate Assessment
Previously, surgeons had not choice but to wait weeks before they could properly evaluate patients' results after surgery. Now, the ORA® System allows Dr. Justo to receive real-time feedback during surgery. In addition to helping select and confirm which type of IOL is right for you, the ORA® System precisely assesses positioning of the implant after it has been placed. This advanced technology provides immediate feedback on vision quality, and allows necessary adjustments to be made until the optimal results are achieved.
Schedule an Appointment Today
In addition to improving your vision, cataract surgery achieves a truly priceless benefit: improved quality of life. Imagine being able to live more independently by driving confidently and safely at night, or reading fine print without fumbling for your glasses. Trust your eyesight to an experienced, reputable surgeon. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Justo today.